- GCR Application Process
- The following is a summary of the steps you need to take to complete your application. If you have not done so already, review the section GCR Admission Requirements to ensure you are eligible for the program. Please read the following information to ensure your application is complete.
1. Ask your current or previous academic institution(s) to send us the following:
- Two copies of official transcripts. These records must be received in official university envelopes, sealed and endorsed by the issuing institution. Please submit copies from each college and/or university you attended (or are currently enrolled). If these are not in English or French, please provide an official translation. If this requires opening a transcript, please order an extra one for yourself for this purpose. The transcripts received at UBC must be sealed by the issuing institution.
- If you are a UBC graduate please contact us regarding transcript requirements.
2. Send us the following documents:
- Completed application form.
- Proof of eligibility to practice in your discipline in your province/country (i.e. photocopy of current membership certificate and registration number in a college or agency that regulates practice in your discipline).
- Resume showing rehabilitation experience and relevant formal and/or continuing education that is not shown on your transcript(s).
- Cover letter with a Statement of Intent. It should be no longer than 500 words. Include your reasons for pursuing the certificate, your relevant experience in rehabilitation, and describe how this experience will enhance your ability to complete one or more credits, and transfer your new knowledge to rehabilitation practice.
3. If required, ask the testing centre to send your English Language test results directly to us.
Transcripts must be mailed directly to the program office at the address below. Application form, resume, proof of eligibility to practice and cover letter may be mailed, faxed or emailed.
Graduate Certificate in Rehabilitation
Rehabilitation Science Online Programs
University of British Columbia
T325-2211 Wesbrook Mall
Vancouver, B.C. Canada