- GCR Application Process
- The following is a summary of the steps you need to take to complete your application. If you have not done so already, review the section GCR Admission Requirements to ensure you are eligible for the program. Please read the following information to ensure your application is complete.
1. Submit your transcripts from all post-secondary institutions that you have attended (including transcripts from institutions attended while on exchange or institutions from which you transferred credits) – (except UBC):
- Two copies of official transcripts sent to us directly from the issuing institution. These records must be received in official university envelopes, sealed and endorsed by the issuing institution. Please submit copies from each college and/or university you attended (or are currently enrolled). If these are not in English or French, please provide an official translation. If this requires opening a transcript, please order an extra one for yourself for this purpose. The transcripts received at UBC must be sealed by the issuing institution.
- If you are a UBC graduate we are able to access your student transcripts.
- Note to international applicants: The Faculty of Graduate and Post-doctoral Studies has very strict requirements for these documents. Please refer to their website for information about the official document requirements for international applicants.
2. Send us the following documents:
- Completed application form.
- Proof of eligibility to practice in your discipline in your province/country (i.e. photocopy of current membership certificate and registration number in a college or agency that regulates practice in your discipline).
- Resume showing rehabilitation experience and relevant formal and/or continuing education that is not shown on your transcript(s).
- Cover letter with a Statement of Intent. It should be no longer than 500 words. Include your reasons for pursuing the certificate, your relevant experience in rehabilitation, and describe how this experience will enhance your ability to complete one or more credits, and transfer your new knowledge to rehabilitation practice.
3. If applicable, provide details of your English Language Proficiency Examination results.
If you completed your degree at a university outside of Canada in which English is not the primary language you must provide results of an English language proficiency examination as part of your application. Tests must have been taken within the last 24 months at the time of submission of your application. For more information, refer to the GCR Admission Requirements page.
For all tests an official paper test score report ordered from the testing agency is required. Photocopies of test scores are not acceptable. Ask the testing centre to send the English Language test results directly to us at:
UBC Rehabilitation Science Online Programs
Attn: GCR Admissions
University of British Columbia
T325 – 2211 Wesbrook Mall
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
Transcripts & English Proficiency results must be mailed directly to the program office at the address above. Application form, resume, cover letter, & proof of eligibility to practice may be mailed, faxed or emailed.