Our learners join us from all over the world, with different specialisms, expertise and motivations.
Read more about them, and see how their research and studies intersect with their jobs and their career aspirations.
Meet our Learners & Alumni
- Luke Cattet, MRSc Graduate (2023)Luke is a kinesiologist in Curaçao. Read about his experience and his top tips for completing the MRSc program.
- Cynthia Lau, MRSc 2023A Personal and Professional Investment Integrating Graduate Studies and the Pursuit of an Advance Manual Therapy Designation Upon her 2015 graduation from the UBC Master of Physical Therapy program, Cynthia Lau set a goal of obtaining a ‘Fellow of Canadian Academy of Manipulative Physiotherapy (FCAMPT)’ designation. To do this, Cynthia decided upon the UBC ‘Graduate… Read more: Cynthia Lau, MRSc 2023
- Sarabjeet Charchun, MRSc 2022A Personal and Professional Investment Sarabjeet Charchun was already well into a full and dynamic career when she returned to UBC to study in the online MRSc program. An occupational therapist well known and respected for her roles in clinical, hospital leadership and professional association advocacy work, Sarabjeet was looking to fulfill a promise and… Read more: Sarabjeet Charchun, MRSc 2022
- Lauren Gavrailoff, 2018Fulfilling a personal goal
- Mimi Channa Simon, 2018Exploration and discovery of diverse interests
- Darrel Hagel, 2018Shaping cardiac rehabilitation care in the BC Okanagan
- Ivonne Montgomery, 2017Empowering children to ‘Print like a Pro!’
- Deb Watterworth, 2016Creating your next career opportunity
- Louise Donnellan, 2017Exploring how OTs and OTAs collaborate
- Carmen Reed, 2017Learning from the other side of the world
- Andrea Wilson Prager, 2016Balancing work, family and studies whilst changing practice as a school-based OT
- Karen Hurtubise, 2009Journey of unforeseen opportunities and the start of PhD studies
- Anna Pistawka, 2015Collaborating in a rich, interprofessional environment
- Sarah Sinanan, 2014Transition to a new area of leadership
- Karen Barclay, 2014Flexibility to focus on what is meaningful
- Carlie Vidal, 2014Broadening knowledge and cultivating career opportunities
- Jan Chan, 2014Skills and knowledge for health leadership and collaboration
- Jodi Boucher, 2013Addressing the needs of postpartum women
- Anne Marie Bishop, 2013Developing the skills for knowledge translation in rural practice
- Claudia Hernandez Riano, 2010From one course for Canadian Competency requirements to completing a full MRSc